Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kindergarten!

Emily started school this week!  She started a week after Taylor, because they do Kindergarten assesments for the first week.

She was really excited and a little nervous, but she did great! 

She chose pink sneakers, that light up, for her back to school shoes.  We walked her to school after lunch the first day and she went right in her class with no problems. ( I wish I had taken pics. at the school)

Emily is the tallest person in her class, so she looks older than everyone else.  She has made couple new friends already, and I know she will have a great year at school!

I really missed having her home with me.  She is so fun to spend time with, and is easy to please. I can't believe she will be 6 in a few weeks!  She has grown up so fast!

I love you tons, Emily!


Elizabeth has been eating oatmeal and rice cereal this week.  She loves having something solid in her mouth, but most of it gets spit right out.  Hopefully she will figure out how to swallow soon.  I know she is going to love eating new veggies, fruits, etc.. 

Lately to get attention she does a fake cough, which is so adorable.  She will fake cough and then everyone turns and talks to her to see if she is okay.  She also has been experimenting with her voice a lot and she does this really louds growl.  She sounds like an animal, and she loves hearing herself. 
She is sitting pretty well on her own now, but still tips over after a little while.  She is at the best stage right now! 
 I love this age, and wish she could stay like this forever!

I guess Fall is coming, when Taylor left for school yesterday he asked for a sweatshirt, because it was cold!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Emily looks so cute. I love the pink shoes. I'm glad she is enjoying school. Halle is too. We miss you guys.

Kerstin said...

Charlotte will be so jealous about the shoes. She wanted to get the same ones and begged and begged but I was a mean mom and said no. We love Emily! She is so good with Charlotte- so calm and practical to help balance the emotionalness of Charlotte.