Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tonight I am feeling extremely grateful for all of the blessings in my life.   One of Taylor's best buddies has been in the hospital for over 2 weeks.  He is so sick, and having a hard time.  We have been praying and fasting for him, and his family and hoping that he can come home soon. 

With this on my mind I can't help but feel overwhelmed with all the blessings my Heavenly Father has given me and my family.  I love my life right now. Even though the days are long and exhausting.  I truly love being a mother to my four cute kids. 

Sometimes I have to remind myself of this, when there is craziness going on all around me.  Today was one of those crazy moments.   I picked up the kids from school and brought them home.  I made them a snack, talked about our day.  Then all at once everyone needed my attention ASAP.  Lizzie was yelling for more food, Isaac was crying about his Lego's getting lost, Our neighbor Zach needed more milk, Emily needed help with her reading, Taylor was asking for graph paper, and how to find the area/perimeter of a rectangle AND my phone started ringing.  It all exploded! I had to take a deep breath, and tackle one issue at a time with patience. ( which is hard for me at times like this.) 

I am counting my blessings tonight.
I want to enjoy these days. I want to live in the moment and not let the daily mundane tasks get to me.  I hope to remember these times with four young kids with fondness.

I think I have the best job in the world!

4 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

I guess you got blogger to work, finally! or did you not get all of the pics posted that you wanted??

anywho, good post. sorry about T's friend.

Monica said...

How exhausting. You are very insightful! stay positive! You're the best mom in the world. t

Kerstin said...

I love this post and can totally relate. Life is so crazy and hard at moments but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hang in there and if you need another gelato night I'm there!

Kerstin said...

Btw, I love that pic!