Monday, July 25, 2011

Week review!

I feel like I have been blogging a lot lately.  I forget things so fast lately, because I am sleep deprived and I am getting old! 

 My blog is my journal, our family history and my way of scrapbooking.  I record these pictures and memories of our family and then put them in a hardbound book every year, and I feel a huge relief about recording the events of our life. My kids are growing and changing so quickly I have to blog almost every week to keep up on what is happening.  They say the funniest things and I use this blgo as a way to record what makes me laugh throughout the week.  
Sorry if these posts bore you.


 This is what I would call potty training  "Isaac style"  We sent him out in the backyard with a hose to play, and he wanted his clothes off.  We told him to go potty outside when he needed to, but it never happenened.  He is so stubborn! 
We had a really big rainstorm on Monday.  It rained with lightning and thunder in the afternoon.  Then the kids went out and rode their bikes in the puddles.  I love summer rain storms. 


We have been working through our "Summer Bucket List" so this week we went downtown to eat lunch with Danny.  We brought "Pei Wei" and ate with him at the Gallivan Plaza.  It was fun and the kids loved seeing Danny in the middle of the day.  All the kids like Asian food, and they gorge themselves on fortune cookies. 

Then Saturday morning we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to hike and fish at "Silver Lake". This lake is one of our favorite places, it is so gorgeous!  We spent several hours fishing in the warm sunshine and then hiked around the lake. 

Lizzie did pretty well, she got a little grumpy at the end, but she is still so cute!


Here are the boys learning all about fishing from Danny. I think Taylor is going to be a fisherman just like his dad.


Danny helped all of the kids catch fish, and everyone had fun! 


Then on Sunday night we went to my Grandma Shields 84th Birthday party. 
We had a delicious dinner and cake & homemade ice cream followed by songs about why we love grandma!  It was a great party, I wish I would have taken more pics. 
I love you grandma-Thanks for being a wonderful example for my family to follow!   

The highlight of the party was when my cousins Trevor and James put little snaps (those fireworks that you throw on the ground and they pop) on the rim under the toilet seat. I was the lucky one to use the bathroom right after their trick. When I sat on the toilet all the snaps went "POP" and it scared me! Once I saw what it was I was laughing so hard! What a great trick!




It was a fabulous weekend, and now for another crazy week!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha! Classic Isaac pictures. Your kids are adorable! Good thing you live just down the street...

Marcus Lane said...

scandalous! posting those nudey pics!