Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spike!

Isaac, or "Spike" has been saying some funny things this week. 
 He is still insisting that we call him Spike, and when we forget he says "No mom, I not Isaac, I Spike!"  It's cracks me up-it's hilarious.  It's fine with me because he is better behaved as a dog then a boy.

We were blowing dandelions earlier this week and Emily told his to make a wish.  He thought about it for a second and then yelled
"I wish for nothing!"  He kept yelling it over and over, and then he says " I wish for underwear"  I told him he could go put on his underwear right then, but he just laughed.  One of these days he will get potty trained, I hope?!

Danny took all the kids (except Lizzie) camping on Friday night.  They had a great time spending time with their cousins and playing in the dirt. Danny helped the kids shoot, and Isaac loved it. 

He spent his time digging in the dirt looking for bugs and worms.  He is obsessed with worms lately. He helps me garden and when we find worms he gathers them and puts them in a tupperware bowl with dirt and grass etc..  Then he takes them out and holds them so tight in his sweaty little hand that they die.  He gets so sad when they die and says " The worms aren't crawling they died again!" 

Last week he collected all his worms and wanted to bring them in the house.  I told him to leave the worms outside, and he said " I can't leave the worms outside, they get lonely!" 

We love the funny things Spike says and does!  He keeps me laughing !

Well school is starting to wind down, which means lots of concerts, parties and performances for the kids at school.

Taylor had his Spring Concert this week at school with Virginia Tanner School of Dance.  His class did a modern dance performance about science.  It was very creative and Taylor did a great job. 

Here are his good friends Lilly and Ryan.  They made their art projects in their art class.  I can't believe Taylor is 8 and is going to be in 3rd grade next year!  I remember 3rd grade well. It makes me feel so old!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Glad to know my boy isn't the only one not potty trained! Thanks for the post.

Marcus Lane said...

coolio...