Monday, February 14, 2011

Taylor's Birthday!

 WOW!  How time flies.  I can not believe my first born child is turning 8!  Taylor was the sweetest, more adorable baby.  I was due with Taylor on Feb. 8th, and after being almost a week overdue, decided to be induced.  I really didn't want him to be born on the 14th, but at that point I didn't care when he was born.  He was born at 5:24 am on Valentine's Day 2003.
 We were living in Santa Barabara at that time and he spent a lot of time at the beach.  He was a fat, sturdy baby (my favorite were his man boobs).  He loved to laugh, smile for attention, (especially from his dad) and eat!  He was a great eater as a baby, and still is.  He got fat fast!  What wonderful memories I have from his first year, living with Great Grandma Wall in CA. 

Taylor has many fabulous qualities, but one of my favorite is his desire and enthusiam to try new things.  He is willing and ready to try all sorts of things; riding a horse, learning to fish, skiing, learning to ride a 2 wheeler bike, surfing, kneeboarding etc... 

He also has a thirst for knowledge. Ever since he could talk, he asks tons of questions about how things work, where different animals live, and facts about life.  He loves learning  facts about animals, geography, science etc...  Then he will share these facts, and I am always amazed at how much he knows.  He gets this from Danny, they have can have many long discussions about the moon, snakes &  tadpoles, volvanoes, or tractor trailers.  He loves reading and chooses to read a lot of non-fiction books, because he likes all the facts and history. 



Because Taylor is getting older he is in that "I am too cool to have my picture taken" stage.  Lately it seems any time I can taking pics. of the kids, he chooses to not be in the picture.  But here are a few pics. I managed to get of him during the past year! 


Love that toothless grin!



Taylor is a good friend and a great big brother to Emily and Isaac. He is still very sensitive, and sweet.  He acts tough, but he has a very tender heart.  He is such a special boy, and we are so happy to have him in our family!

We love you little buddy!  Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dani said...

so cute! happy bday taylor!