Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grandma Wall

Danny's sweet Grandma passed away today.  Everyone is sad to see her go, but happy because we know she is in a better place. 

Danny has always been close to his grandma from the time he was a little boy.  She holds a special place in his heart.  She became a wonderful friend and example to me when we lived with her in Santa Barbara.  We move to SB to live with her when I was pregnant with Taylor.  I was privledged to spend my days with her after he was born.  She was a sweet, funny, thoughtful, generous woman.  We lived with her for a about 18 months and it was full of wonderful memories and fun times together. 

Once Taylor was born she spoiled him rotten.  She was always holding him and rocking him and playing with him and he loved her!  When he was 5-6 months old, we were sleeping training and he was crying in his crib.  She would come downstairs and beg me to let her hold him so he wouldn't cry. I wouldn't let her get him out, because I wanted him to fall asleep without being rocked.  I am sure she thought I was so mean!   Taylor had his first taste of Diet Soda and cookies thanks to Grandma Wall and he was 8 months old. 

We will cherish our memories made while living in her home. 

I wish I had more pictures from when we lived in SB on my computer but here are a few pictures of Grandma Wall. 







We love you Grandma Wall!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Such a touching tribute Haley! I am certain she will enjoy reading this from heaven.