Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The funny things kids do:

This week has been full of funny things my kids have said or done.
Today, Emily comes upstairs in this outfit. This is a skort, with a liner inside that she got for her B-day. She put it over her shoulder like a dress and it was hilarious. She was insisting on wearing it and wouldn't' believe me when I told her it was not a dress! She definately has her own sense of style.

Isaac and Becca have been having tons of fun together, playing, fighting and eating. This is their most favorite spot at Grandma Shields house, they both love to eat! Isaac just tortures Becca and gets jealous of whatever she has whether it's a toy, snack, or a person. He needs to learn how to share with a younger person.

Becca loved her lunch of Mac and Cheese. She was thrilled when I gave her a bowl and a spoon and let her loose. She ate her bowl and Isaac's bowl too. She is such sweet, adorable girl!




Isaac has been talking more lately. He still has his own little language, but he's slowly adding new words. This week Aunt Nat taught him to say "bite" which he repeats over and over when he wants to try your food. Any time you ask him a question he nods his head and says "NO" , but if his answer is yes, he says "Da" instead of "Ya". He has a funny personality and lots of energy.

Taylor has been saying the funniest things too:
Last week we were driving to Arctic Circle to redeem the kids free ice cream cones and I was telling Taylor and Emily to wear a bib, so Isaac wouldn't make a huge mess. I said "it's cool to wear a bib, let's all do it." Taylor replied "I don't need to be cool I need to be simple."
Natalie and I were laughing so hard, it was funny.
Then yesterday before school I was telling Taylor how it was cold and he needed to wear his gloves and hat. He looks at me and says "Mom, I'm too popular to wear gloves."! I started laughing so hard, I had to turn away from him so he wouldn't see me laughing. I don't know what that means, but apparently it's not cool to be warm.
I love being entertained by my adorable, funny kids-they keep us constantly laughing.




2 comments:

The Marx Family said...

I love the sexy skort dress. That is totally something I would have done at her age. :) William had his own language too when he was Isaac's age. He didn't start REALLY talking until he was 2 and now he won't stop!

Unknown said...

SOOOO cute!!! and funny (especially Taylor, that cracks me up)