Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving weekend

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving the kids had no school, so we took a group of friends to the zoo.  It was a great day; warm weather and not crowded.  Everyone had lots of fun! Especially because we left Lizzie home napping with Aunt Mono, so I had no stroller to push and no fits to deal with!  One year olds are so fun, but super high maintenance ( At least Lizzie is high maintenence).

Thanksgiving day we headed over to G & G Shields house for the big feast.  It was a nice dinner with delicious food, and great company.  Derek and Richard were both in SLC from our of town, and they bring a lot of fun to the group.
Great Grandma Shields was also there, so it was a real treat!
She loves to play games, as well as nap after dinner. 


I feel so blessed and grateful for all the blesssings in my life.  I have so much to be grateful for the list could go on forever but here are a few on the top of my list:
Being able to watch my children learn and grow.
Having a wonderful husband who works so hard to support us, and teaches our children the gospel.
My body is healthy and strong.
My kids are curious and interested in learning new things everyday.
A loving extended family on both sides of the family.

I love Thanksgiving! It is my favorite Holiday!


The Saturday after the holiday all the adults in town went to dinner to celebrate the November/December Brithdays!  We ate at Tempanyaki, and it was so yummy!  It was a fun night and the food was great.  We really missed Marc, Natalie, Brett & Teresa who were not here!
Happy Birthday to us!


Isaac and Lizzie just eating a donut one day for breakfast.
Isaac has been so nice and sweet to Elizabeth lately.  He is helpful, kind and helps her in any way he can.  It really is so cute and heart warming to see him treat his little sister so kind.
At preschool he told his teacher 
" I am most grateful for his little sister, Lizzie."
He has come a long way from when he would rage at anything and throw tantrums nonstop. I think I like four year olds.

Here's some random pictures from this week. 
Danny was gone all week for work and sent me flowers for my Birthday.  I turned 35 on Thursday and had fun day celebrating.  I fed the kids smoothies for breakfast, had a fun lunch with my friends, and then went to our ward Relief Society Christmas dinner that night.  I don't feel old, but 35 sounds old!

Danny got home tonight after being gone for 8 days. We really missed him and are so happy he's home! 

1 comment:

Marcus Lane said...

wahoo!! a new post, glad you got it all figured out.