Thursday, December 15, 2011

Neck n' Nog- 2011


We attended the annual "Neck n' Nog" Christmas party last weekend, and it was so much fun!!!  My brother Marcus started this tradition 7 years ago, and it's a blast.  Everyone wears their ugly sweaters, and crazy festive clothes and we drink hot cocoa, and Wassil from cool mugs.  There are awards for ugliest, most festive etc.. outfits. They have a photo booth, complete with props to make some hilarious pictures.  It was a great night, and we all had a fabulous time!

The kids really wanted to dress up for the party, so I bought a bunch of stuff at Thriftown, and the DI.  It was money well spent, because they were so excited about their ugly sweaters and vests.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the evening. 

Monica made these yummy chocolate covered marshmallows on a straw, to dip in hot cocoa-they were a hit!
Taylor really wanted to the ugliest outfit award.  I wish I had gotten a full length shot of his clothes.  He was wearing red long-johns, with a Christmas dalmation/present vest, and a ridiculous hat that says "I believe in Santa", with my black Ugg boots on his feet.  He looked funny, and ugly too!  
He and my cousin McKay tied for the Ugliest award, and they were both happy.   
My Grandma Shields always come to the party, complete with her holiday attire.  She is so much fun to have around!

Even Elizabeth got in with the ugly outfit, and some reindeer antlers.  She was tired, but had a little fun at the party.

The food was delicious, as well as the hot beverages.


Marc's collection of mugs, he has about 100 of them.

Here's a shot of a bunch of my cousins with my Grandma right in the middle.  What a funny picture.


All the kids looked hilarious with the props, they thought it was tons of fun!  They all look so ridiculous!


Thank you Marcus & Monica for organizing a great party!! 

We can't wait for next year!


1 comment:

Marcus Lane said...

thanks for coming! it was a great party!