Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend, full of many exciting and fabulous things.  Unfortunately I did not take many pics. to document how busy we were, and how we had so much fun!
General Conference is something I really look forward to every six months.  It's a nice break from the usual Sunday routine, and I love listening to the apostles and general authorities talks and getting spiritually rejuvenated. 

Friday Danny took some time off work and he and Taylor went on a hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon, they said the fall colors are amazing.
  Then we had a big family dinner wiht G & G Deppe and lots of extended family from out of town-sorry no pictures!
 
Saturday we listened to General Conference, had soccer, went swimming at Grandma Deppe's hotel pool, went to Home Depot, did yard work, made peach pies and played with cousins, friends etc.. Danny went to Prieshood and we had dinner later that night. 
It was a full, fun, busy day-complete with amazing warm weather. 

Danny and I took Taylor to see General Conference on Sunday morning.  He has wanted to go since he turned eight, so we got a few tickets and made it happen.  We  had to be there by 9am to get in our seats for "The Spoken Word".  Taylor was excited and did great sitting in his seat for three hours!  I had brought his journal, scriptures and "the Friend" to keep him busy before Conference started, and then he took notes on all of the talks.   He loved seeing all the saints gather in the Conference Center, and he said his favorite talk was by President Monson.  
Thanks to G&G Shields for watching the three younger kids while we went, we really appreciate their help! 

Here he is looking handsome in his suit, on the drive downtown. 

I know this is not a great picture, it was taken while we were driving. 
But Taylor has entered into the world on orthodontic treatment.  He had a palatial expander put in his mouth a few weeks ago.  It has a little key that has to be turned twice a day.  Just look at the big gap between his front teeth now!  I guess the expander is working, because the gap is huge.


Most Saturdays at our house include a trip to "The Home Depot".  Isaac was lucky enough to to the project and even got an apron too.  He was thrilled with the helicopter he made and played with it all day.


He loves helping Danny work on projects and asks lots of questions. 

He is the funniest kid, and says such hilarious things.
Here are a few funnny comments from Isaac this week:

- I told him that I loved him he said "I don't want you to love me anymore, just dad!"

- After falling down and getting hurt for the third time in one day
 "I just need a helmet for all of my body!"

- We had some 7 Up in the fridge and he asked
"Can I have 1 Up 7 drink?"  I had no idea what he was talking about, he had to show me what he wanted.


- He has really been interested in his tonsils lately, and keeps asking
"When am I getting my tonsils out?  I want them out because they make me throw up!"
I didn't even know he knew what his tonsils were.

- He was telling me all about snakes, and he knew a lot of information.  I asked him "Who taught you all about snakes?" 
 He replied  "Dad, and my prophet teach me about snakes." 
 I said (laughing)" Your prophet, who is that?"
He answered totally serious "President Monson, he always teaches me about snakes!" 
Ha Ha-he is so funny!



We had a great weekend, hope you did too!

No comments: