Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Soup is better than candy!"

Taylor said something so funny this week, I have to post about it. His class was reading the rhyme "Peas porridge Hot" and he got really excited about eating Split Pea soup. I told him I would make some for dinner the next day, but he said he just wanted canned soup. So he ate almost a whole can and was loving it. When he was done, he told me " Split Pea soup is WAY better than candy!" I laughed so hard, I love the funny things kids say.
Last weekend we wet to Deer Valley to see Grandma and Grandpa Deppe. We had so much fun enjoying the beautiful fall colors, and gorgeous warm weather in the mountains. The kids had a blast swimming, hot tubbing, hiking, playing games, eating ice cream and visiting with Grandma and Grandpa. We miss living near them and were happy to spend some time with them.


We went to Park City to ride the Rollercoaster and Taylor went on the trampoline, bouncy ride. He did great and did a bunch of back flips. Emily, Isaac and I went on the carousel and little train rides. Emily was thrilled with her little pony to ride on Isaac had fun sitting on my lap.























We all went on a hike and enjoyed a nice morning in the sunshine.







Isaac was so happy to find this basketball hoop which was just his size. He played ball for a long time and even started saying "Ball". Then later Danny got him to say "Football". I am so happy when I hear him say a word.








We all had a great time in Deer Valley, We love you Grandma & Grandpa Deppe!










4 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks like it was so much fun and the most beautiful scenery!

Unknown said...

We missed you at the football game--Taylor played so well with McKay. Hope you are well!

The Pixton Family said...

Looks like fun! I love Deer Valley.

Hema and Becky said...

Looks like fun in Deer Valley. I think it is awesome that he loved the soup. It's always nice when kids like something pretty cheap, easy and relatively healthy.